Chancellor’s Room

Kreisky-Zimmer © BPD/imb
Stately Chancellor’s Room with rich wood panelling

The Chancellor’s Office was also redesigned by Oswald Haerdtl after World War II. In keeping with contemporary taste, the walls are covered in dark wood panels. The Austrian coat of arms and those of the provinces are executed as wood inlays above the desk. Leopold Figl (1902–1965) was the first chancellor at this time to occupy this modern and distinguished stately office.