The Austrian Federal Chancellery welcomes you!
Organisation of the Federal Chancellery
The Austrian Federal Chancellery is the government building where the Federal Chancellor and some members of the government have their offices.
The staff of the Federal Chancellery perform a wide range of tasks with great efficiency and care, thereby providing an essential support structure for the members of the national government.
Other agencies and outsourced organisations
In addition to the Federal Chancellery as the central body, its remit also covers the following agencies:
- the Federal Administrative Court,
- the Austrian State Archives,
- the Federal Monuments Authority Austria,
- the Court Music Chapel,
- the Ombud for Equal Treatment,
- the Austrian Communications Authority,
- the Supervisory Authority for Employee Representation and
- the Permanent Delegation to the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD),
- and others
Federal Chancellery staff are also employed at the Permanent Delegation of Austria to the EU in Brussels.
The remit of the Federal Chancellery also extends to the following outsourced organisations:
- the Federal Museums,
- the Federal Theatres,
- the Austrian National Library,
- Statistics Austria
- and the newspaper Wiener Zeitung GmbH.